The websites are owned by Ecoworld Sa (VAT EL094316240), headquartered at 33 Kounavon Str, 71304 Heraklion, Crete, Greece. Our company is active in the travel industry and specializes in the sale of ferry tickets and other travel services.
When making a reservation through our websites, joining our Customer Reward Program “Bonus per Mile” or our Affiliate Network “Greece-Unlimited”, you enter a contractual relationship with us and consent to provide the personal information required explicitly for the requested service. Under no circumstances is the personal information you provide used for purposes other than those described below.
B) WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE COLLECT IT AND WHY
You can navigate through most of our pages without having to provide any personal information, but if you wish to buy ferry tickets, join the Bonus per Mile program or the Greece-Unlimited Affiliate Network, certain personal information is required in each case in order to complete your booking and/or personal account with us. More precisely:
- When booking ferry tickets or other travel services, we will ask for your full name, date of birth, nationality, place of birth, gender, identity card or passport number, license plate of vehicle/s, email address and telephone number. An address is requested if you choose ticket delivery by post/courier. Contact details such as email address, telephone and mobile number are requested in order to provide quality services throughout your travel experience. Our staff will use this information to send you all necessary travel related information, such as confirmation of booking, instructions on ticket collection and boarding, confirmation of ticket delivery, information about changes and/or cancellations made to your booking, to provide alternative solutions as well as answer any questions you may have. We will never share your personal information with unauthorized users.
- When paying by credit card: you will be requested to provide the card type, number, expiration date, CVV2 and the name of the card holder. Upon completion of a purchase through one of our websites, your credit card details are automatically encrypted and sent directly to the affiliated credit institution without being stored in our databases. When you complete an order through our Reservations’ Department, you are provided with a secure link for the transfer of your credit card details and all details are then encrypted during their transfer through high security software used by our company. These details are kept encrypted and are automatically deleted after the payment.
- When creating your Greece-Unlimited account, whether you are a natural person or company, we require the full name, email and postal address as well as telephone and mobile numbers for the contact person in charge of the account. You bank account details are also necessary for the payment of commissions earned through our cooperation.
- When registering to receive our newsletter, you provide your email address, name and surname, enabling us to contact you. Our newsletters are seldom and focus on the beginning of the booking season, special offers, other travel opportunities provided by us or our partners as well as a customized survey for the purpose of rating your recent travel experience. You can use the unsubscribe feature at any time to stop receiving our newsletters.
- When you contact our office or our customer service staff, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name or email address so that we can assist you with your request. In addition, your call may be recorded.
- For internal operations and analysis, We can use your personal information for purposes of internal management, analysis, and quality assurance, including fraud prevention. In addition to using the information you provide us to process, verify, and fulfill requests for your trip or other services you have requested from us, we may use this data for administrative and data analysis purposes through customer relationship management systems (CRM), accounting, billing and control systems.
- When visiting our websites: In addition to the information you give us voluntarily, certain information is collected automatically when you visit our website through data-detection technologies we use in certain cases, such as cookies. Cookies collect information from your computer, including technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP), your operating system, your browser type and version, your referral site every time you visit our website. If you are a wireless network user and access the Internet through your mobile phone or other devices, you need to contact your provider to find out if they collect your personal information.
What are Cookies
A Cookie is a small file containing an identifier that is stored on the user’s web browser when visiting certain websites. These cookies are sent back to the websites during the session or every time the user revisits them.
Some of the cookies we use are sent by us and others are sent by Third Parties (Google Analytics) with which we have a contract. We use session cookies and persistent cookies.‘Session cookies’ ensure optimum navigation of our website for the specific session and expire as soon as you leave our website. ‘Persistent cookies’ remain stored on your browser and allow us to recognise your device when you return to our websites. Both types of cookies are necessary for the correct and secure provision of our online services and aim to optimize the user experience eg. identifying registered members, maintaining search data the user entered during previous sessions for the convenience of the user, as well as allowing users to share information and content on social media platforms that they maintain accounts on.
Our websites use the following types of cookies:
1. Essentials cookies: These cookies are vital for our website to function correctly during your session. It allows us to remember selections and data entered such as routes, travel dates, number or passenger etc.
2. Performance and Analytics Cookies (third party):
Performance cookies are used ensure the websites perform as they should eg. the results correspond to your search criteria, and also to enhance the user experience by recognising whether you are a returning visitor and remembering some of your preferences, such as language settings, previous search criteria etc.
Analytics cookies - We are always looking for ways to optimise the navigation and booking process through our websites. We receive valuable feedback from Analytics Cookies which allow us to see and track anonymous data, user behaviour and patterns such as click trends. This helps us see if our websites function smoothly and consistently or how and where we need to make adjustments in order to heighten your experience.
By using this website, you agree to this policy and consent to the processing of the personal data collected by Google for the purposes and in the manner described above. If you do want Google to collect data from your navigation when visiting our websites, you can be excluded from Google Analytics by visiting this page.
3. Functional Cookies: Functional cookies store user selections and settings for the purpose of providing a more functional and personalised browsing session.
D) WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
We do not share your personal data with third parties, unless this is necessary to complete your order and/or provide you with the requested service. Such third parties may be ferry companies or other travel service providers, commercial credit card services, reservation systems and other global distribution systems and with whom we have signed additional data protection contracts. We share the minimum of the information required in each case. Your contact information is never disclosed (all your communication is with and through our company), unless we have your explicit consent to share information with a specific third party (for example in the case we settle a monetary compensation for you and the bank transfer must be made directly from the ferry company to your bank account).
E) SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT AGAINST THE ILLEGAL PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA.
For the safe processing of personal data, we use appropriate technical systems and organizational procedures to protect information. These include:
- Physical security and access protection to all areas of our company where data is stored.
- Every access to software and hardware is done via password from authorized persons and we have up-to-date firewall and antivirus systems. Also the process of storing information is encrypted.
- Continuous updating and training of our staff with regard to the safe processing of data.
- There are security cameras to monitor our records.
- We use secure protocols with encryption of information when making payments. Payment information is deleted within a reasonable time after the reservation has been completed.
- We take all necessary measures to ensure that the data we pass on to third parties for the operational needs of our company is minimal.
F) HOW LONG YOUR DATA IS STORED FOR
G) RIGHT TO ACCESS, MODIFY AND DELETE YOUR DATA
As a Data Subject you have the right at any time to access, modify or delete your personal data processed by our Company. Any request regarding the access, change and/or cancellation of your personal data processed by our company, should be sent to us at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
H) LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES